The DaWanda checkout animation was a fun project I did inbetween bigger topics. The old animation had already a bad connotation ("Liesl is knitting and knitting and knitting, but I can not buy anything."). Furthermore it used ancient styles and colours not used on the website anymore. Creating a new one was a fun jump between the different Adobe programs and sketch. I started with some scribbles, vectorized some of them and created storyboards to ask users and colleagues which one they can imagine on the website and which possibly could not work well in one of the countries DaWanda is operating in. The choice went to creating an animation showing the shaking hands which symbolize the emotional bond between buyer and seller. I worked on longer and shorter, easier and more difficult versions to also see what it does to the file size. In the end because of that we went with the shorter version.
Read More ›
DaWanda is sending out system mails in some occasions including a user opening a shop. Especially there it's important to guide the new seller through the first steps in her new shop space. When I took over the task to renew the shop opening system mails they weren't touched since 2008 so I could really just use the old ones as a rough base.
To get deeper into the topic I scanned the NPS-feedback we had of new sellers, talked to users, did a journey mapping with them and consulted the company's seller development department on a regular base. With collecting all the feedback and data I came up with new designs that are representing the latest DaWanda style according to the CI/CD styleguide. I also included precious tips that help the seller on her way to becoming an independant and successful DaWanda shop owner.
I reconsidered the mockups in regular talks with the product manager, the developers and the other stakeholders to get the best of it in the end.
Please be aware I had to blur some process pictures as they are confidential information.
Read More ›
The homepage is a topic that was changed last time around 2013 so it really needed an update for quite a while.
There were already several iterations that didn't make it live during 2016. To go into the right direction anyways we tried smaller experiments and iterated on them to understand what works well. I did a lot of research on homepage best practices, analyzed our business and technical data and pushed for a better usability.
That's how I came up with the new design in close collaboration with product owners, developers and marketing colleagues.
Read More ›